Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sesame Miso dip for artichokes, crudites, or whatever

I normally serve artichokes either 1) with melted butter (which is how I grew up with them, but Pat doesn't love butter all that much), or 2) with mayonnaise mixed with grated ginger and soy sauce to taste -- which is incredibly delicious enough to be popular with Pat even though he loathes mayo in its native form. However, I needed more protein in my day today, so I made a kind of half-assed tofu mayonnaise (i.e. I didn't make tofu mayo separately and then flavor it, I just chucked everything into the jar all at one time) with the same flavor profile. My, my! So delicious!

Sesame Miso Tofu Dip

1 sterile-pak of silken soft tofu
1/4 cup canola oil (maybe -- I eyeballed it, but go light. You can add if you want.)
juice of 1 key lime (or regular lime would do)
1 tablespoon or so of rice wine vinegar
1 very rounded tablespoon sweet white miso (this is my most favorite thing)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons ginger, minced
3 tablespoons or more of soy sauce
sprinkle of salt, just to bring up the level if needed
black sesame seeds, for sprinkling (you could omit them, but you'd miss them subconsciously)

Blend until smooth (I used my handheld thing). Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve as a thinnish dip for artichoke leaves, raw vegetables, or whatever your little heart desires. Would be (and the leftovers WILL be) dynamite as a pasta salad dressing.

No comments: