Friday, August 6, 2010

Love!

It's my 22nd anniversary. I cannot imagine being without Pat, who has been my other half since 1983 or 1984. We became fast friends in our freshman year of high school and started going out together in our sophomore year. But it's all passed in the blink of an eye, and at the same time, a long, golden summertime.

I am 25ish weeks pregnant with my first baby, who wiggles constantly, letting me know he is there and ever so active. We got to see his face during the ultrasound earlier this week, and he looks like his daddy. He is big and healthy. (Really big, actually -- but my dad and brother are 6'7" and 6'8" respectively, so that's not terribly surprising. Also I am taking algal DHA, which makes big babies. I'm SURE they'll test my blood sugar, but those are thoughts for another post.)

I am 40 years old and, though I have never felt my age, I have never felt better.

Today we are spending the day in a whirl of home improvement, apple-farm visiting, beach walking, and diaper sewing (I suckered Pat into cutting out fabric for me.) Tomorrow, we'll take a leisurely walk at the waterfall at which we were married, and will go to a nearby tourist trap to eat gluttonously and wander around gazing at each other.

Life is good, and filled with love. Hope your day is just as glowing.

3 comments:

Bill the Splut said...

I had a big smile reading this. Maybe as big as your child!

Heather said...

Lovely, lovely. Our very best wishes.

Anonymous said...

How am I just seeing this now? Congrats, and happy anniversary!!!