Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Anatomy scan

Hi folks,

We had our anatomy scan today. Baby looks healthy, vigorous... and male. Both screening tests came back negative. We spoke with the genetic counselor and she doesn't have any serious concerns for the baby -- only one concern for me that suggests a visit from a geneticist might tell us more about the potential risks (a hemorrhaging risk and a heart abnormality risk -- again, neither one is confirmed at this point.) It was a phenomenally reassuring morning.

Tomorrow, we are at 20 weeks (and where did the time go?)

I hope that all is peace and love surrounding each of you today, too.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my, oh my...I had so hoped we might get a peek of what's cooking. What fun!

Anonymous said...

Eeee! I am so excited for you. That's awesome! Boys are such fun. I have a nephew and he's a hilarious little bugger. I will think happy thoughts for you all!